Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Homemade Raw Protein Bars
Protein is so important to us humans, but as a Gluten Free Raw Vegan I must make sure my protein comes from clean foods. One of these protein snack foods come from my homemade raw protein bars. These bars are so delicious you cannot eat just one.
These are the items you'll need:
Gluten free quick oats...1 cup
Unsweetened coconut...1 cup
Sweetened coconut...1 cup
Vega protein Powder...2 cups
Cacao powder...1/2 cup
Dried Cranberries...1 cup
Gala apples...4-peeled and finely diced
Coconut oil...1/4 of a cup...lightly melted
brown cane sugar...1/2 cup
1. In a mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients well, then add the melted coconut oil and a few dribbles of water, mix well and add some water lightly as you mix. You can add water slowly until the mix is firm and sticky.
2. Place the mix into a large plate and make it into a circle, smooth it out with the back of a spoon.
3. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes before cutting the bars out.
4. Cut your bars out like this
and then individually wrap them up in wax paper
5. Place them into a Ziploc bag. Keep them refrigerated and eat as you please.
From My Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...Salud.