Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Recipe Request...Breaded Brown Sugar Tofu and My Medical Update

Hello my sweet readers. I hope you are all feeling great. I am feeling better. I went to see my foot surgeon and I am happy to report I will not need any foot surgery. X-rays showed that the cause of my foot pain is my RA arthritis. The arthritis has completely surrounded itself around the entire ankle and it swelled it up real bad. I am still on crutches and hoping this swelling and pain will slowly disappear from the shots I am getting on the ankle. I posted a picture of my ankle at the end of this post.
 
But let me tell you about this weeks post. I received a few emails requesting me to do a re-post of my breaded tofu, plus I also breaded some zucchini. I have many tofu recipes on my blog but they requested the brown sugar one...so here it is.
 
1. Buy yourself a package of the EXTRA firm tofu. This extra firm tofu is the best to use when breading tofu.
 
2. Cut the tofu in a thin almost medium slices like mine.
 
 
3. Mix in a bowl 1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. garbanzo flour
1/2 tsp. Adobo
1/4 c. TVP
3 TB. dried onion flakes
 
Mix well and set aside.  In another bowl pour in some olive oil, enough to cover a slice of tofu. In another bowl put in your sliced zucchini. Set the bowls in order like mine, tofu & zucchini then the oil and then the breading.
 

 
Preheat your Panini presser or a Cusinart  presser like mine at 350 degrees. I like to put a cookie sheet under mine in case some of the juices drip out of the cooker.

 
Put the tofu or zucchini inside the oil and then into the breading.

 
Once your pan is full of all the breading, press it down and let it get a bit crispy.

 
Once they are done they should look like this.



 
 
 I served mine with my Spanish rice & beans...delicious.


 
I hope you like this and that this may have answered your questions.
 
Ankle photo
 
 
I look and feel horrible. My ankle looks so deformed from the swelling.
I hope it gets better soon so I can return to my daily 5 mile walk.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...