Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Delicious Poor Man's Dinner

 
Many of you know how I name some of my meals "Poor Man's Dinner" and that is because as a Puerto Rican there are areas in our island where many of our people are poor financially but they are very humble. I say "poor" because they have a very small wooden home and to feed their family they harvest about 80% of their food supply. Their land is their pot of gold and they grow anything from coffee beans, to fresh roots, vegetables, fruits and even their own spices to conserve their small money flow.
 
I call this a poor man's dinner because in many of these humble homes this is all they have for a meal eliminating the breaded tofu. Sometimes roots, fruits & vegetables is all they eat.
 
In my wonderful poor man's dinner there is steamed cauliflower, roots like ripe plantain bananas and yautia, breaded tofu & seasoned mushrooms steamed & pressed in my Cusinart Panini presser and served with lots of diced avocados...all drizzled with virgin olive oil. 
 
Delicious seasoned & steam pressed mushrooms.
 
 
Breaded tofu
 

 

 
 Delicious!
 




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...