Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Scrumptious Dinner, Diet Update and a Trash To Treasure Redo

Hello fellow vegans and blogging lookers...so nice to see you again.
This week there is so much to talk about. First up, I made some delicious vegetarian quinoa, a toss salad and some delicious crusted  garbanzo tofu which was muy delicioso.  By the look of the picture everything sure looks mighty scrumptious.

 
Vegetarian Quinoa
 
I first soaked my quinoa (1 cup) for 10 minutes in water before cooking it. I then chopped up some broccoli, 2 red sweet peppers, some fresh spinach & fresh kale...I also chopped up 1 yellow onion, 6 fresh cilantro stems, parsley & 4 garlic cloves. For flavoring I used some salt, black pepper, dried basil, some dried onion powder and a 1/2 c. Maple Grove Honey Dijon salad dressing. 
 
I sauteed the onions, peppers, parsley & garlic in 1/4 c. olive oil in a non stick pan. Then after these ingredients loosened up its flavor I added the veggies with the quinoa, the dressing and a1/4 c. water. I stirred it all well, I covered it with the lid and cooked it for 5 minutes on low heat, stirred it again and cooked it for 10 more minutes. I then removed it from the stove and I let it vaporize covered for 10 minutes with no heat before serving. My tofu recipe is in my recipe box.

 
Update on my diet and my setback
 
This was one of my breakfast while on my weight loss quest. A green protein smoothie full of spinach, a banana, 2 slices of pineapple, 2 slices of lemons, some fresh ginger, 4 slices of cucumber & 2 grape tomatoes with some vegan protein powder & honey. 1 sliced green apple, 1 sliced orange and 2 teaspoons of Organic gluten free peanut butter...delicious.
 
 
 
My diet is going great with lots of yoga, strength training with weights and cardio...unfortunately my daily 6 mile walk has come to a screeching halt, because my right foot has collapsed from the ankle just like my left foot did 7 years ago. In 2007 I had to have a cadaver bone ankle put in to replace the old rusted ankle that was full of arthritis. The arthritis ate away the ankle up to nothing. The ankle collapsed and I was rushed to surgery 2 days late. These 2 photos show all the hardware that is holding that new ankle together.
 
2 titanium plates holding the new ankle in place
 
 
Along with the large screw that holds it all together

 
When I had this surgery my surgeon told me that I would have to eventually have the right ankle done in a near future because it was also becoming damaged by the arthritis. Well after walking so much I think I accelerated the process.
 
Now that the right foot has collapsed and my inability to walk is limited without holding unto the walls, furniture or by the help of my crutches it is obvious that the surgeon will determine its next course. I see him on August 4.
 
On a lighter note
 
I still am doing as much as I can to stay busy. Last week I stopped into Goodwill and I found this lamp for $5.99. I have another one just like it and I joined them in marriage by restoring its beauty with paint, jute cord and 2 new shades.

This is the way it looked before I turned it into a treasure.


 
The shade was beautiful and it was included into the price.

 
This is the lamp I had, they are the same lamps.

 
To see what I did with this trash to treasure design just click on the link...
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...