Sunday, May 25, 2014

Arepas with Cheese and Veggies

 
When a desire for arepas comes along there's nothing I can do better than to make my homemade ones.
 
Arpeas made from gluten free flour, non dairy butter , salt and a hint of sugar. Lightly grilled on my Cuisinart Panini presser or skillet, then dress beautifully with fresh organic spinach, a sliver of organic firm tofu, tomatoes and melted dairy free provolone cheese. Delicious.
 
2 c. gluten free flour
1 tsp. salt- and 2 pinches of sugar
3 tablespoons non-dairy butter (softened)
1/3 c. melted non dairy butter

Mix flour & salt. Add butter-mix and then add slowly the milk. Add more milk if needed to the dough mixture. Knead gently then spread the arepas in your hand, place them on a hot pan (med. heat), then turn them over just to brown them, that's it.
Easy and scrumptious!...enjoy.
 
From My Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. I've never had Arpeas, looks delicious! Would love to have the recipe for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovlie the recipe for the arepas is up...enjoy.

      Delete
    2. Wonderful! Thanks Millie! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy! How do you make arepas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BM the recipe for the arepas is up...enjoy.

      Delete
  3. I learned to make arepas from my ex and I still crave them now and then. Thanks for this great vegan option for arepas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...