Monday, May 5, 2014

An Honor Well Deserved

 

 
(My Mom...Millie) 
 

Mothers Day is the day we honor our sweet mother for all that she does for us. This honor not only goes out to all the Mothers out there but I also want to send a big shout out to all those "REAL FATHERS" that so lovingly gave up so much of... their lives to raise good children. As a daughter of a single parent and a single parent myself with 2 boys, I know the sacrifices you do for your kids. I deeply applaud you all as you sweetly carry the mantle of a double "PARENT" on your back as a mother and a father to your children. You both deserve to be praised on this day.

Our Mothers held us close when we were inside her. She spent countless hours in pain to bring us into this world while she cherished the day we were born. She fed us, she bathed us, she nurtured us and loved us unconditionally. She held us gently when we were sick and kept an eye on us without sleep until we were better. She was our taxi driver for every occasion, she was the cook, the maid, the party planner, the cheerleader at all our school plays & games, she was the nurse, the cleaning lady and the one who washed and ironed all our clothes. She catered our every need
and she did it all just because she loved you. She received no rewards, no gold medals or praises, no fame and she never got a paycheck for the job titles she held. But all she asked was for us to be honest, loving and polite. My mother did all this for all three of her children. I try to tell my mother as much as I can 'Thank you". Thank you for all that you did for me...thank you, thank you, thank you. I also tell her how much I love her and I talk to her on the phone every 2 days because she may be here today but tomorrow is not promised. She needs to hear me say I love her.
 
This is my Mom with some of the running medals she has won.
 
 
At 77 years old my Mom is still an avid runner with too many medals to count.  She has been a poet since the age of 12 and has won countless awards including The Poet of the Year Award given to her  by the actor Mickey Rooney in 1988. She currently holds her seat among many prestigious poets in The Poet's Hall of Fame. She has published one book of poetry and has written over 700 poems, she is a devoted vegetarian and she has been a breast cancer survivor for 23 years now. She raised 3 children on her own and thanks to her hard work and devotion we are all honest, loving and polite.
 
Mom, today I honor you and may God bless you with another 77 years of life while still looking fabulous. Thank you Mom, your one of the many great Moms out there.

 
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...