Sunday, March 16, 2014

Homemade Vegetable Lasagna Made in Marinara Sauce

Hi there my friends...
 

 
This last Friday among all the Spring cleaning I am doing in which I am almost done. I took a moment to make my vegetable lasagna. I had really desired to make one since I had not put one together for 2 years now. So it was long overdue.
 
I want to share with you my recipe and I hope you really like it.
 
8 gluten free lasagna noodles
1 jar of Barilla Marinara sauce
1-1/2 tsp. sofrito for greater flavor
(sofrito is in recipe my recipe file)
 
1/2 tsp. ground garlic
1/2 tsp. ground onions
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 T. dried or fresh parsley
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
 
Vegetables needed...
 
1 c. chopped mushrooms
1 c. chopped fresh cilantro
2 c. chopped fresh kale
2 c. chopped fresh spinach
2 sweet red peppers (diced) 
1 c. chopped green onions
 
1-1/2 pkg. Daiya Provolone cheese (15 slices)
1 pkg. extra firm tofu
(diced into small pieces)
 
Cook you lasagna noodles in water with a 1/2 tsp. salt for 10 minutes only...set the pot aside. In a non stick pot put in your sofrito, sauce, red wine vinegar, sugar and spices. Stir it well and let it cook on low for about 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and remove it from the hot burner. Prepare your work station with everything you need to prepare your lasagna. Chop up all your veggies and mix them all together in a large bowl and set them aside. Dice in small pieces your tofu.
 
Using a long 9x13 lasagna baking pan pour 1-1/2 large cooking spoons full of sauce onto the pan. Spread it around the pan evenly and then layer the pan with 4 lasagna noodle (place 3 of them the long way and one the on the bottom edge). These 4 noodles should have cover the entire pan. Now spread some more sauce over the noodles, then layer the veggies on top of the sauce, sprinkle lightly some table salt, spread around the tofu over the veggies, add some more sauce over the tofu and then finish it with a layer of cheese... one next to another if your using the provolone slices or if your using shredded Daiya non dairy cheese then cover this top layer with the shredded cheese.
 
Here is my pan just out of the oven.
 
 
 
Make another layer exactly like the first one, except the cheese on this top layer is going to be crumbled. You need to crumble it with your hands and make sure the pan is covered in cheese.
 
Bake for 1 hours. Serve with your favorite non dairy garlic bread. Enjoy.
 


 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, cheesy and vegetably - sounds yummy! Sometimes a complex meal is just what I need to make. It relaxes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmyum! I love veggiepacked lasagna especially with spinach! Many thanks for the recipe...cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...