Saturday, March 1, 2014

Dehydrated Fruit in the Oven

 
Many, many years ago I learned how to dehydrate fruit and veggies in the oven. One thing I loved the most was eating the dehydrated fruit sprinkled with Jello flavorings.  When I learned this method my friend told me to sprinkle Jello over the fruit before dehydrating them. She said..."you will love them." So I did it and I have been hooked ever since.
 
Last week I made a big batch of these babies and let me tell you they are ADDICTIVE, so make a lot of them. You cannot have just one.
 
So this is how I was taught and if you have a dehydrator then use it, you'll love this.
 
Slice your fruit (best ones to dehydrate are bananas, peaches, apples, pineapples and grapefruit). Do not slice your fruit too thin but thin enough to become a bit crunchy. Place all the fruit on the cookie sheets or baking pans like my photos below. Then sprinkle your favorite Jello flavor over them. Place them in the oven at 190 degrees either through the day (8 hours) or over night...that's what I do. By morning they are all done. They are fabulous and a great treat for the kiddos...they will love them too....To store them, place them in the fridge covered in foil...eat them cold, yummy!...Enjoy.
 
This is the grapefruit

 
Ripe plantain bananas

 
And sliced banana.

 
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 


1 comment:

  1. Dehydrated fruit is so yummy! I would probably use an alternative to jello because I think it has gelatin in it. But, what a tasty snack.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...