Sunday, February 9, 2014

Quinoa Oatmeal

 
 
As the snow continues to pile up here in Ohio, my cooking continues. Since its so freezing cold outside (10 degrees), the only thing you end up making is nice warm foods. Food that can not only delight the tummy but warm it too.
 
This week I woke up with a desire to make some good oatmeal for breakfast. I always make my Spanish oatmeal but this time I was a little more adventurous and I added some Quinoa to my gluten free quick oats. It was delicious, it was very filling and it sustained me for almost 7 hours without being hungry.
 
Because it came out so good, I had to share the recipe with you all...so here is my recipe.
 
1...Soak in a small bowl 1/4 c. of quinoa in some water...just enough to cover all the quinoa...set aside for about 15 to 20minutes or until all the water has been soaked up. 
 
Then in a small pot add these ingredients:
 
1/4 c. gluten free quick oats
3 T. raisins
3 T. chopped dates
a pinch of ground cinnamon & ground cloves
1/8 t. salt
1/2 t. coconut butter spread
2 T. 100% maple syrup
 
Mix well then add the quinoa and 1 or 1-1/2 c. non dairy almond milk
 
Mix well and stir over the hot heat, do not stop stirring until the oatmeal is creamy. Lower heat down to simmer and let it cook for about 5 or 7 minutes.
Serve hot, serves up to 2 people...garnish with sliced bananas and if it's not sweet enough for you just add a bit more syrup...enjoy.
 
 
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...