Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Cleaning has Begun

Every January I begin to tackle the entire house cleaning, purging and organizing it from top to bottom. And this year I have accomplished so much since the day after Christmas.
 
This last week my entire food storage stock pile was cleaned out and organized. The spice drawers were cleaned out, relined and organized.
 
 


This bottom drawer full of spices is an extra drawer full of spices I keep on hand for when the top drawer runs out.
 

 
The table place mats were all washed , pressed and neatly placed in the drawer.

 
A lot of things were replaced in the kitchen pantry  and I filled it up with cans and vegan food from my storage room.

 
 
 
One of my father's tenant's moved out and left behind 2 of these small cabinets. I grabbed them and now they house my cookbooks. This next Summer I am going to sand and paint them black so they could match well with my kitchen decor. 

 
 It took me 2 days to purge and organize the recipes I really wanted to keep. Now they are inside a new basket with new tags.

 
All the kitchen cabinets were cleaned out, relined and organized also.
 
My kitchen now sparkles...I sure am happy.
 
This upcoming week I will be tackling my 4 drawer file cabinet. It will be completely cleaned out and organized...I think I am going to need a lot of trash bags for all those shredded papers. Let the shredding begin!
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!


3 comments:

  1. It is good to clean up your place always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your cleaning posts. They are so motivating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you BM, I have been on this cleaning rush since the day after Christmas. I want to get the entire house done so I can enjoy the outdoors this Summer walking. I want to loose more weight and walking will help.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...