Sunday, January 26, 2014

Delicious Homemade Gluten Free Vegan Pancakes

 

 
 Being gluten free does not deprive me of making my very own pancakes. This last Friday I made some great pancakes. I make them often and I just love them. They are a great source of protein from the beans and garbanzo flour. For my syrup topping I used 100% pure maple syrup, some dried cranberries and some banana slices...they were FANTASTIC! 

 
Here's my recipe for 6 medium size pancakes.
 
1/2 c. gluten free flour
 
1/2 c. garbanzo flour
 (great protein contents)
 
1 cup of mashed butter beans from a can
(another source of protein)
(mash well and add to the mix)
 
1/4 cup of shredded coconut
 
2 T. coconut butter & 1 T. non dairy butter
(melt together in microwave)
 
1/8 tsp. salt
 
coconut milk
 
Gather all the dry ingredients and mix well in a bowl. Then add all the wet ingredients except the coconut milk. Mix together everything you gathered in the bowl, then slowly add the coconut milk to create a nice pancake batter just a bit thicker than usual.
 
Warm up the griddle at 300 degrees and cook your pancakes until the pancake has a few bubbles on top. Turn them and cook them on the other side until golden brown....enjoy.
 
 
 
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...