Sunday, August 18, 2013

Millie's Homemade Gluten Free "Pineapple-Coconut-Banana Cake"

 
Hi everyone. I am so excited to share with you my Pineapple-Coconut-Banana Cake. It is so good that when I make it I have to freeze 3/4 of the cakes right away to prevent me from eating it all. So here is my recipe.
 
 

1-1/2 c. Trader Joe's Gluten free all purpose flour
1-1/2 c. Trader Joe's Shredded Coconut
1-1/2 c. Trader Joe's  Gluten Free Oatmeal
4 over ripped bananas (mashed well)
(1) 8oz. can of crushed pineapple (do not drain) 
2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground gloves
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. non dairy milk
 
Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl without the milk. Pour also into your wet ingredients the pineapple juice directly from the can. Mix well and then combine them into the largest bowl. Mix well and then slowly mix into the mixture the milk until the mixture has a nice cake batter consistency. Pour all the cake mixture  into your greased bunt cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes at 375...use the toothpick check to test and see if cake has completely baked through, if not give it another 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cake is very moist and so delicious...let it cool off before slicing.

 
 
Enjoy!
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD! 
 


4 comments:

  1. Whoa, that sounds so rich and yummy! I love bundt-type cakes. They are so easy to make, and they always come out just right. Thank you so much for putting that touching comment on my blog, Millie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this – some of my favorite flavors. I had no idea that TJ's sold GF flour.

    You might want to pop over to my blog....hint, hint ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dynise let me know if you try it...and yes TJ has GF flour...thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...