Sunday, July 7, 2013

Avocado-Plantain Mash

 
Good day everyone. Here in Ohio its 85 degrees and very hot. I'm cool inside my air conditioned apt...its lovely inside compared to how hot it is outside.
 
But the weather outside never keeps me from creating great meals and here I come again with one of my new food creations.
 
I love avocados, so this week I combined ripe plantain bananas & avocados to make my Avocado-Plantain Mash and let me tell you it was divine.
 
So here is my recipe I hope you may try it sometime.
 
Food items needed:
 
2 ripe plantain...the riper the better
2 ripe avocados
1 can of red kidney beans
1/8 tsp. of onion & garlic powder
1/8 tsp. of salt and black pepper
1 T. olive oil
 
I like my beans very soft and for this recipe its better to have very soft. So put the plantains and the beans to boil until they are very soft, drain them for about 5 to 10 minutes.
 
Scoop out both avocados in a large mixing bowl and add to the avocados all the spices, mix everything well with a hand beater until it has a whipped consistency. Then add the plantain and the beans to the avocado mix, whip everything well until its all well blended and whipped. If your mash is too thick just add a little bit of non-dairy milk to soften the mix. Serve with your best protein food and vegetable and you are now ready to enjoy a great dinner.
 
 
Have a great week.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, how creative! I've never cooked with plantains before, can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BM, plantians are delicious. You must try them ripe, those are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be brave some day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Millie,

    What level of "ripeness"? Still very green and hard, or almost all black and to where they are very sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Rivas, the plantain should be very yellow and soft to the touch but not mushy or black. Let me know how it comes out for you...Millie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...