Monday, June 10, 2013

Homemade Gluten Free Tortillas and Wedding Flowers

 
This last week I was craving some tortillas. So I got all my ingredients out of the pantry and made a dozen of them. I must say I was in overjoyed by these great gluten free tortillas. I added some re-fried beans as my base topping, then I smeared on top of that lots of humas, chopped tomatoes, avocados and some salsa. A fabulous easy dinner in which I finished it off with a cup of vegan coconut ice cream for dessert.
 
So here is my recipe, enjoy.
 
1 c. garbanzo flour
1 c. gluten free flour
3 T. melted non dairy vegan butter
1/4 c. cooking oil
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
 
In a mixing bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. Then add the butter & the oil. Mix together all the ingredients well until the mixture is soft but still sandy and not wet. If it is wet just add a bit of the flour and mix well. Flatten out the tortillas in your hands (Because there is no yeast with this recipe and the gluten flour tends to be softer than regular flour you cannot flatten them on the counter top. Once you flatten one tortillas place it on a flat warm skillet or griddle. Fill up the pan with your tortillas and once the bottom of the tortillas are golden brown turn them over and brown the other side, that's it your done.
 
Serve them warm with your favorite toppings.
 
I have been busy here at home finishing all the flowers for my cousin's wedding next Saturday. Here is a peek of the Bride's bouquet. I also made 8 bridesmaid bouquets, the maid of honor bouquet and 8 long white pew bows.
 
 


 
 
Enjoy have a great week.
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...