Sunday, June 2, 2013

Garbanzo Fritters

 
Hi everyone, its been a crazy Spring so far for me out here in Ohio, but I am still moving on and making everyday the best I can.
 
Even though I had a foot injury (photo below) that kept me hoping for 2 days, I managed to accomplish many tasks that were on my to do list. One of them was making my garbanzo fritters.  Not to boast, but they were fabulous and I ate them for two days in a row...loved them.
 
So here is my recipe, I hope you try them.
 
1-1/2 c. of fresh dried garbanzos
(Grind them in a food processor until they become floury. (make sure the garbanzos are completely dried from moisture before grinding).
 
1/2 c. garbanzo/fava flour
1 tsp. dried basil
3/4 tsp. Adobo
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 Sazon
 (with Culantro & Achiote)
 
Grind all the garbanzos in the food processor and then add it to the garbanzo/fava flour. Add all the spices, mix well and then add water by teaspoons slowly until the mix is lightly moist...almost dry.
 
Compress the patties with your hand and place them on a large dish.
Pour in the skillet the oil and once the oil is lightly hot place the fritters. Fry them until they are golden brown, turn them over and do the same on both sides. That's it. Once they are lightly golden its done. This mixture makes 8 patties...double the recipe for more fritters.
 


As I was cleaning and organizing my food storage I accidentally dropped a large can of beans on the top of my foot. Within minutes I had a swollen foot and a red mark to remind me to always wear my  sneakers and not my slippers...it really hurt. I thought I saw stars before my eyes...but I'm tough.
 
I am much better now and as always "unstoppable".
 

 
As Always From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...