Sunday, May 5, 2013

Gluten Free Pineapple/Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

 
Hi America, how are you all doing? I hope everyone is well and that you all are enjoying this great Spring weather.
 
I have been very busy at home decorating the house, re-organizing closets and of course cooking some good food and baking a bit.
 
 I don't bake very often since I avoid sugar at all times. Every once in a while I do get a desire to eat something sweet and that's what happened this last week. So I got my goodies together and made some Gluten Free Pineapple/Raisin Oatmeal Cookies. These cookies were divine, so I think you will like them...I am not a diabetic but when my father was diagnosed with Diabetes 22 years ago, I decided not eat sugar, so I avoid it as much as I can. These cookies were so good I could not stop eating them...so I freezed them to keep me from eating them all.  I only eat sugar once in a while and when I do I only use brown or raw sugar. That's why I only bake once in a blue moon...*to avoid not only the sugar intake but also *to keep me away from eating them.
 
They came out very soft, chewy and so comforting in a moment like now that I am going through one of my RA funks. These cookies not only hit the spot but they made me make another batch to freeze...The bad thing about this is that I eat 2 cookies everyday for dessert sometimes is not enough.
 
 
 
So here is my recipe...enjoy.
This batch makes exactly 12 cookies.
 
2 c. gluten free flour
1-1/2 c. gluten free quick oats
1/4 c. (melted) non-dairy milk
1 fully packed brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar 
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 c. canned crushed pineapple...
(drained...keep the juice aside for the cookie mix)
1 c. raisins
 
 
 
 In a mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. In the  microwave melt the butter and pour it into the dry ingredient mixture adding also all the wet spices. Pour into this mixture 1 cup of the drained crushed pineapple and raisins, mix well. Then slowly pour into the mix the pineapple juice, mixing it in between each pouring of the juice. Make sure to stop adding the juice when the mix has a firm but soft consistency. A bit softer than a cookie mixture requirement.


 
 
Scoop cookies out of the mixing bowl with a cookie scooper and spread them apart on the cookie sheet about 1 inch from one another. Bake at 370 for about 17 to 18  minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Remove them from the oven and cool them down before serving.

They were wonderful with a tall glass of cold non-dairy milk.

ENJOY...my friend!!!



This last photo was a batch I baked with a bit more flour in the mix for a more firmer form of the cookies...they were also wonderful and they looked like cookie balls instead of flat cookies.

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!




2 comments:

  1. Millie, those look fabulous! And you could convince yourself that with the pineapple and raisins, they are healthy too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BM, they are very healthy, delicious and very moist.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...