Sunday, May 19, 2013

Cabbage-Brussels Sprouts in Garlic & Onions

 
 
Hello everyone, before I tell you about my recipe, I want to first apologize for being away from blogging for 2 weeks. Its been a very crazy last 2 weeks and the next 4 weeks is going to be super busy too. I have been planting veggies and flowers. I am also fixing, painting and staining furniture,  I have been also busy inside my apartment, it has gotten an extreme organizational turnover as I was doing my Spring cleaning. I am still working on properly organizing my office and my clothes closet. Its looking great.. I stocked up my food storage a bit and I am still filling it up, great sales and lots of great coupons...love that.  I have also been trying to drop weight through exercise, walking and cutting down my food portions. I need to loose 80 pounds by next Spring...so good luck to me. 
 
But enough of what has kept me away from the computer. How have you been? I hope very well and yes I have missed you all and I am exciting to get back to cooking again for my blog. I am going to cook about 4 new blog dishes this week since my Mom and nephew are coming the end of June for a week and I will be away from the kitchen and the computer for that time...we will be sight seeing Ohio and having some family BBQ's.
 
But here is my dish for this week. A delicious dish that can be made in 20 minutes...quick, easy and so delicious.
 
 
My shredded Cabbage and Brussels Sprouts in garlic and onions is divine, so here is the recipe I hope you all like it.
 
 
1/2 head of cabbage
(shredded)
 
12 Brussels Sprouts
(sliced in small slices)
 
1 can white navy beans
(rinse well and drain)
 
1 large yellow onion
(sliced finely)
 
8 fresh garlic cloves (pieces)
(shred them in a food processor or blender)
"I prefer the food processor"
 
1/8 tsp. Adobo
1/8 tsp. black pepper
3 T. olive oil
1/8 tsp. salt
 
Warm up the oil in a skillet, add the onions and cook them on low until they glisten. Then add the garlic, saute lightly, add the cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, beans and the spices, saute with large spoon on low, cover and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes...stir again and cook for another 3 minutes, stir and turn off the heat. Leave the skillet on top of the stove for 2 minutes and then remove it from the hot heat rails...set aside and serve with your protein side dish or eat alone...its great either way...enjoy.
SERVES 4


4 comments:

  1. This sounds great, Millie. I hope you have a lot of fun when your family comes to visit. Good luck on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you BM for your encouragement. have a great week.

      Delete
  2. So excited that you found my new blog and took time to make contact. You are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...