Sunday, March 17, 2013

Millie's Homemade Bean Dip




 
 I love beans...no matter how they are cooked, I am a sucker for them. I had a great desire to have a good spicy bean dip to eat with fresh veggies and crackers. My bean dip came out great and I ate it all week.

So here is my recipe and I hope you enjoy it too.
Yummy Bean Dip:
 
3 c. black beans
3/4 of a can of fat free re-fried beans
(1) 1 lb. jar of salsa
(drain a bit of the salsa sauce before adding it to the dip)
 
1/8 tsp. ground basil
1/8 tsp. ground garlic powder
2 pinches of chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
 
Put everything into a mixing bowl and whip well with a hand blender. Taste it before serving to see if you need more salt or pepper...enjoy!
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 


5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! That's the kind of dips I like, I love using them instead of mayo in baguettes or burger buns. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Millie, are you using a 15oz,. can of refried beans or 29oz. can? Thanks! It looks good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BM...A 15 oz. can is great...enjoy. It was delicious, I am making some more tomorrow.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...