Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chicken and Linguine Stir Fry

 
Hello my friends...I hope you are all doing well and succeeding to reach all your dreams.
 
Its been pretty cold here in Ohio. We have freezing temps but its suppose to warm up on Tuesday. I am so looking forward to warm weather. I deeply love Winter but I think this cold weather is finally getting to me and due to this cold weather I have been preparing lots of warm lunches and dinners.  This was my latest dinner. This Chicken Linguine was so delicioso, I had to share it with you all.
 
Here's my recipe...
 
1 box of whole wheat linguine pasta noodles
1 bag of Morning Star Meatless Chicken Strips
(slice the chicken strips in half or in 3 pieces)
 
1 c. TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)
1 finely chopped red pepper
1 finely chopped large yellow onion
2 zucchini
 (chopped in small pieces)
 
2 c. finely chopped fresh kale
2 T. sofrito
3 T. olive oil
6 Recao leaves
 (chopped finely)
 
 
This is recao leaves...it is found in any Spanish store.
 
Sauce Ingredients...
 
1/2 bottle Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
(Recipe in recipe file)
 
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Saz'on
(with culantro & achiote)
 
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 T. yellow mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
 
Mix the sauce all together and set aside
 
Lets begin:
 
1st...boil the pasta until cooked, drain and set aside.
 
2nd...stir fry in a wok or large skillet the olive oil with the recao, onions and sofrito for about 2 to 3 minutes on low. Add the chicken, veggies and spices...stir fry it all together for about a minute then add the linguine, tvp and the sauce. Stir together lightly, then cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes on low.  Uncover then stir lightly again, cook for 4 more minutes (uncovered) until the sauce disappears into the noodles and that's it...enjoy it my friends, see you next Sunday.
 
 
From my Caribbean Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 


1 comment:

  1. Ooo, that looks good. And, thanks for showing us what recao leaves look like!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...