Monday, February 11, 2013

A Junkie Looking For Her Next Fix...Rice and Beans

 
 
This last week the desire to eat Spanish food after not eating rice for 2 months now, was too much for me. I had to make some and let me tell you I was in heaven and the trip was delicious!
 
As Puerto Ricans we eat rice at least 3 times a week. We make it in so many ways, that we never get tired of it and since rice & gandules with some beans on the side is my favorite of all, I had to make some. I don't need nothing else to make me happy.  I had to make some because I was like an addict looking for my next fix. I also bake some breaded portabello mushrooms and some breaded  eggplant slices along with my breaded brown sugared tofu and steamed ripe platanos. The aroma of my food cooking lingered throughout my apartment complex into the hallway, making my neighbors wonder where was it coming from...2 ladies even knocked at my door trying to find out where that great smell was coming from.  Homemade sofrito always causes this aroma to linger around and it is the best smell ever. Sofrito is the key ingredient in making any Puerto Rican rice and beans...hands down its the best ever and a must use ingredient in most of our dishes. 
 





 


You can find all my recipes are in my recipe file...enjoy.
 
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 

6 comments:

  1. Love rice and beans! Bonus that they make a complete protein!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting, I love my rice & beans, its so addictive.

      Delete
  2. I love rice and beans...but I have never used sofrito. I am now getting a craving and it's all your fault ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, sorry sweety. But you can make the sofrito, its simple and my recipe is in my file. You only need fresh garlic, onions, recao or cilantro and red peppers. Let me know if you make it and how did it make your food taste...keep me informed....hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I bet this did make a delicious fragrance. Were your neighbors lucky to get a taste? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only made a little pot of it for 2 servings. For that day and the day after. But when I make it again I will definitely share.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...