Sunday, January 13, 2013

Klondike Red Potaoes Smothered in Spicy Vegetables


Ola everyone....I've been away from blogging for 2 weeks now because blogger is having problem with their photo uploading.  After I explained the problem to a friend, she was able to help me upload through html. I learned a new way of uploading photos in case I ever have more problems like this again and I am always open for learning.

Well this week I made these delicious Klondike red potatoes with some scrumptious veggies that were so delicious that I had to share the recipe with you all.
 
Here are the items you will need:
 
1-5lb. bag of Red Klondike Potatoes
(cut off the ends, scrub them well and slice them in round circles...do not remove the skin)
 
10 Brussels Sprouts
(slice off the corners edges & then slice them in quarters)
 
2 c. freshly chopped Broccoli
2 c. freshly chopped carrots
3 c. freshly chopped spinach
20 cherry tomatoes
(scrubbed well & then slice them in halves)
 
10 large or medium fresh mushrooms
(chopped in small pieces)
 
1 chopped red pepper
1/4 c. sweet yellow banana peppers
(I chopped them in small pieces)

1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 chopped yellow onion
1 envelope of Jamon
2 T. olive oil
1/3 c. vegetable broth

Sofrito Mix

6 sprigs of cilantro
1/2 small yellow onion
6 garlic
2 wedges of green bell pepper

(Put these 4 ingredients in your food processor or blender...chop well)

In a large skillet or wok pour in the olive oil & the sofrito mixture, saute on low for about 3 minutes, then add veggies, saute and add all the other spices. Saute and let it simmer on low (covered with lid) for 8 minutes. Saute lightly, add the vegetable broth, saute, then let it simmer on low heat until the vegetable broth has evaporated a bit leaving the potatoes firm but cooked. Serve and enjoy. Then entire labor took me about 25-30 minutes. Its easy and so delicious.

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...