Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gardenise Pasta Stir Fry...Sofrito and Christmas Cookies

 
 
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope your holidays turns out to be a wonderful one.
 
I have been a very busy beaver here at home getting ready for Christmas, unfortunately I had a little set back which I am now recovering from. I woke up this last Thursday with a very painful neck & shoulders. I must of slept wrong but by the middles of the day the pain was so unbearable had me in tears. I am a very tolerable pain person, for pain to get me to tears it has to be very unimaginable pain...far beyond a 10.  The pain was unbearable. I couldn't move my head from side to side and every movement I made jolted the shooting pain went up into the base of my head and shoulders. I went and had it massaged which relieved much of the pain and I was able to sleep more comfortably that night with the heating pad massaging the neck. I am still unable to drive since I am unable to turn my neck to the right side. But a few more massages should help in my recovery.
 
I did get to make this delicious pasta stir fry with lots of veggies & TVP.
 
Here's my recipe:
 
1/2 c. TVP
(soak in warm water for 10 minutes)
 
1/2 bag of wavy noodles
(boil ahead a time)
 
2 extra ripe plantain bananas
(chopped in small pieces)
 
1 c. chopped broccoli
1/2 c. chopped red peppers
1/2 c. green peppers
1 c. chopped eggplant
1/4 c. olive oil
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. Adobo
1/2 envelope of Sazon
(with culantro & achiote)
 
2 envelopes of Jamon
 
Garnish the stir fry with Golden Farms French Fried Onions
 
Boil the noodles and soak the TVP in warm water 10 minutes before adding to the stir fry. In a large skillet or wok stir fry all the veggies and spices (except the Sazon & Jamon) in the olive oil on med/low heat. Once all the veggies are lightly tender add the TVP, stir fry lightly and then add the noodles with the sazon & jamon. Stir around very lightly and lower the stove heat to low. Cover with lid and let it cook for 5 minutes, stir again and cook for 5 more minutes....Serve with French Fried Onions as a topping and enjoy...its delicious.
 
Here is a picture of some of my Christmas cookies.
 
 
 
 
 
I also made this week some delicious apple crisp...yum.
 
 
And I made some sofrito. I canned 12 jars and froze 6 containers.
 
 
I am done shopping and everything is wrapped and under the tree.
 
Here's my tree...simple and sweet before getting all the decor on it..
 
 
All finished
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...