Sunday, November 25, 2012

Millie's Sweet Potatoes

 
 
 
The holidays sure pulls us into eating some really scrumptious foods. One exquisite food I made this last week was my Sweet Potato Mash. This dish not only has sweet potatoes but it also has great protein foods added to it...take a look at the recipe.
 
 
6 large sweet potatoes
(chopped in cubes and boiled until tender, drain well)
 
1 can of garbanzos
(rinsed & drained well)
 
1 can of Lima beans
( rinsed & drained well)
 
3 cups of cooked instant mashed potatoes
 
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. non dairy butter
 
In a large mixing bowl mix together the sweet potatoes, butter, salt and instant mashed potatoes, beat well with a hand beater, then add the grains, beat well until all the grains are well mashed into the potatoes. You can add some non dairy milk to soften the mixture if its too thick. Serve and enjoy. I made some homemade gravy with flour, non dairy butter, non dairy milk and adobo...its so good...and then I poured it over the potatoes...yum...yum...yum.
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great idea to put all those goodies into your mashed sweet potatoes! I'd love to know what's in your gravy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so easy. And I actually have everything except the mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...