Sunday, October 14, 2012

Millie's Fall Casserole

 
Hello there. How's everyone doing? Here at home it has been a super busy one for me these past 2 months preparing for a couponing class in which I ended up cutting out almost 4,000 manufacturer's  coupons and hunting done for tons of free products for everyone in attendance. It was a great class and everyone was very happy with it.
 
Now I am working on a talk I need to give in church next Sunday on "Stewardship in the home". So I am busy typing out my talk and rehearsing for it.
 
But I cannot be off my blogging for long, so Friday afternoon I made this casserole that came out very good. I hope you like it and the measurements will make a large 9x13 baking pan full...enjoy.
 
 
My recipe:
 
1-1/2 c. TVP
2 bags of Success boil in a bag whole grain brown rice (uncooked)
2 cups of Calabaza (Spanish Pumpkin)
(diced in med. sizes)
 
1 c. frozen peas
2 med. zucchini
(diced in small pieces)
 
4 T. Molinera's Mojo Criollo Spanish Marinade
1-1/2 c. vegetable broth
3 T. non dairy butter (melted)
2 T. flour
6 T. full of brown sugar
2 T. Adobo (with pepper)
1/2 red pepper (diced)
1 large yellow onion (diced)
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. onion powder
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. salt
 
In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients...Mix well, then in another bowl mix all the wet ingredients, taste and make sure the taste is good, add the veggies gently marrying them all together, pour everything out in your baking dish,  Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes at 400 degrees. Take it out of the oven and let it sit for about 20 minutes before serving...enjoy.
 
 
 
 
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 


2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good, Millie! Love all the Latin seasonings. When are you coming to Bethlehem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only go out there in the Summer, so hopefully we can get together this next Summer. I can't wait to meet you and share recipes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...