Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Homemade Mushroom Gravy

 
Gravy...a much loved sauce by many.
 
 I am a true lover of gravies but because of my allergies I cannot have any type of gravies. So I make my own.  This week I made my mushroom gravy that is quite tasty and flavorful.
 
Here is my recipe...enjoy.
 
8 fresh mushrooms
2 c. vegetable broth
1 tsp. Adobo
1/8 tsp. black pepper
a pinch of red crushed pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. olive oil
3 T. flour
 
Chop well all the mushrooms and simmer in water until they become soft and mushy. Then drain well and then whip well in your blender with 1-1/2 c. vegetable broth. Then pour it into a non stick pot. Add all the spices except the flour, simmer on low heat. While the gravy simmers mix in a cup  the flour and the remaining 1/2 c. of vegetable broth. Stir gently until the flour dissolves in the vegetable broth then add it to the gravy. Stir while the gravy begins to thicken. If your gravy is not thick enough to your likeness, just add another 1/2 tsp. of flour to a tab of water and stir it into the gravy...simmer & stir gently once again until it thickness. Pour the gravy over mashed potatoes and enjoy. 
 
 

 

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...