Sunday, October 28, 2012

BBQ Seiten Appetizers

 
It has been a rainy week here in Cleveland. But to me rain means cleansing and that's what I have been doing. Cleansing the heart and the soul.
 
This week I have been creating some new dishes for my blog and one of them was my homemade BBQ Seiten appetizers. They were so flavorful that I ended up eating them all in 2 days...yummy. 
 
My seiten recipe is in my recipe file, so here is my bbq sauce recipe...enjoy.
 
1 c. brown sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. of onion powder
1/2 tsp. Adobo
3 T. Ketchup
1 T. yellow mustard
a pinch of salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 T. flour
 
In a bowl mix well all the dry ingredients and then add all the wet ingredients to it, mix well and then spread the sauce evenly over your seiten squares. Once all the squares are evenly covered with the sauce place them on a baking pan and cover the pan with foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 375, uncover and bake again for 5 more minutes. Serve as an appetizer hot or cold. It can also be served as part of your meal.
 
 
 
From my Caribbean Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. These look delicioso....love seitan and BBQ in any form. Why are you in Cleveland? I though you were in PR? (AmI losing it?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, Millie! When you have a chance, I have an award for you over at my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...