Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tvp Vegetable Casserole

 
Hi everyone, I am blogging today in my warm flannel p.j's while overcoming bad chills and a cold.
I had not had a cold for many years but after leaving Walmart this last Friday I was knocked over with this flu bug once I got into my car...but a cold to me means God wanted me to rest from doing so much and this is the only way to stop me. I have been in bed for 2 days now, grateful and resting off all the sneezing and cold chills.....LOL!

Earlier this year I made a Tvp Vegetable Casserole. It came out very good and since I had not posted it I felt I needed to share this recipe with you now. I hope you all may enjoy it.
 
 
1 c. TVP
(put the tvp in a bowl with hot water...set aside)
1 c. broccoli
(chopped finely)
1 c. cauliflower
(chopped finely )

1/2 c. fresh kale
(chopped finely )
 
1 celery stick
(chopped finely )
1 red pepper
(sliced in strips )

1 can of vegan mushroom soup
(mix well with 1/4 c. water)
1 cup of extra firm diced tofu
1/2 teaspoon of salt
 1 tsp. onion powder
1 /2 tsp garlic powder

6 cilantro sprigs
(chopped finely)
1 med. yellow onion
(chopped finely)

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the TVP, veggies and mushroom soup to the mixture, place the mixture in a baking dish. Bake for 1 hour @ 375 degrees.
 
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Love the old school stuff!!!! Used to buy that stuff in bulk! Now I can't handle it, but was good back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Millie,
    I hope you are feeling all better now. Thank you for checking up on me! I'm fine, I have just been overwhelmed with work business. I really, really need to hire some help. I'm hopeful that things will slow down a little bit, really soon.
    Take care of yourself my friend!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...