Monday, September 10, 2012

Sauerkraut and Cabbage Spaghetti

 
Even though I am still struggling with my RA , it sure is nice to be back cooking and blogging some good vegan friendly recipes for you.
 
I am serving you this evening my homemade Sauerkraut & cabbage spaghetti. Every time I make this I lick my fingers...HAHA!!!!...it is wonderful with my Spanish beans. So here is my recipe for the Spaghetti and you can find my bean recipe under "BEANS" in my recipe file...I added tofu to my beans for more protein...ENJOY!
 
1 box of whole wheat spaghetti noodles
(boil until tender) 
 
2 cups of canned sauerkraut
(do not rinse & drain well) 
 
1 med. yellow onion
 (diced finely)
 
5 cloves of fresh garlic
(mashed well)
 
4 T. olive oil
3 T. non-dairy butter
1/2 tsp. Adobo with pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
 
On low heat simmer the onions in the olive oil until they glisten, then add the mashed garlic and saute them for about 2 minutes, add the sauerkraut, cabbage  and butter...stir well then cover with lid for 5 minutes, then add the salt, adobo and spaghetti...mix it all together and if you wish you can add more adobo or salt to please your taste buds. Serve with my Spanish beans and you will be content.
 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...