Saturday, September 29, 2012

Poor Man's Soup

 
Autumn has arrived. The air is chilly and a good bowl of soup sure makes these chilly days feel so much better.
 
I first wish to apologize for being absent sometimes from blogging this Summer. This has been a super busy Summer because I have way to many projects burning on the stove...plus I didn't have a camera to photograph my dishes. My camera did not want to upload photos so I sent it back to the Canon Company and they reimbursed me in full the price of the camera. I finally got another nice Canon Camera and by the photo on this post it looks like I can get very nice photographs from it.
 
So here is my recipe and I hope you all like it.
 
Millie's Poor Man's Soup
 
1/2 c. black beans
1/2 c. garbanzo beans
1/4 c. brown rice
1/2 c. frozen peas
20 mini carrots
1c. chopped broccoli
1 green pepper cut in strips
1/2 c. tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. Adobo
1 sprinkle of red crushed peppers
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 envelopes of Jamon flavoring
1 envelope of Sazo'n
1 tsp. olive oil
2 containers of vegetable broth
and water 
 
In a large soup pot put in all your ingredients then add 2 containers of vegetable broth and one cup of water. If your ingredient are not fully covered from the broth just add water so it can go over the veggies about 3 inches. Boil until the broth has turned into a nice saucy broth, taste the broth for more salt or pepper if needed and that's it.
 
 I hope you may like it, it was quite delicious...enjoy.
 
 
 
From my Caribbean Kitchen to yours...Salud!
 

3 comments:

  1. Sympathize with the technical issues!! Ironic that the Poor Man soup is better eats than most of the Rich Man Anythings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Caribbean take on an autumn soup. What's PR like in autumn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PR is gorgeous year round with tempeartures from 75 to 90 degrees, at night the tempeartures will drop to about 65 to 70.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...