Sunday, July 8, 2012

Two Great Vegan Products and SomeOf My Latest Wall Paintings


Hi everyone, sorry for being a week behind but I have been quite busy painting at my son's house. I have posted a few photos below of what we've done and what I painted on my little Natalia's bedroom.

Today I am showing you two products I think you would enjoy.

1. Waldon Farms Dressing

I had not had dressing for 10 years because dressings have corn syrup and I am highly allergic to corn. This passed week my vegan daughter in law introduced me to Walden's Farm's salad dressing and let me tell you...I am in love.
This dressing is free of everything (read below). And to top it off its dairy free. They come in a variety of flavors, so go out and get some. She bought them at Krogers.

 

2. Smart Balance "Light"  Butter


This butter is VEGAN...it says so on the ingredients and on the container...check below.
Its delicious and to me its better than Earth Balance which has corn syrup...yuck!

 

 
So if you haven't tried any of these products...try them you will be hooked, plus the price is right and with my manufacturer's coupons I get the butter at KMART for .69 cents each. Gotta love it.

 
Check out what I was doing for the past few days.

My little grand-daughter Natalia's bedroom had fire truck boarder which was left by the previous owners...that was a chore.


After removing the wall border and sanding the walls it was time to prime and paint. Check out those dark navy window trims.


The magic of paint begins...the dark spot on the wall above the window is in my camera, not on the wall. The window trims look fabulous.





I painted the tree and all the details and highlights. Sorry for the blurry photo,  after 5-1/2 hours working on this wall I was very tired and I did not focus the camera.


The ladybugs and bees needed a home so I painted the hole on the tree for them to climb into.

 

A ladder to help them go up the tree hole and every Mommy always has a few babies trailing behind.

 

 

I picked up this white desk and the hutch at a garage sale for $20.00 (for both) and they are in mint condition...they also matched perfectly with her white bed.

I picked up the chair on the curb and there was nothing wrong with it and the bulletin board at  Goodwill for $1.00,  I painted them the same color as her curtains...a hot pink and upholstered the chair with a great frog fabric and a new cushion. 


I love this chair.


Check out the ladybug buttons I glued behind the chair.



Some more ladybugs on the bulletin board.


I made and upholstered the 2 cornices with her ladybug theme on the fabric.

 



Here's the $10.00 hutch that matches the desk.


 



It was a busy week but we got one more room finished in their lovely farmhouse. Now I will be painting my oldest grand-daughter's room in a jungle theme. Photos will be posted after completion.

From my Caribbean Vegan kitchen to yours...SALUD!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God, Millie! That is so so cute! I'm in awe! You are very talented! I love painting too but the only time I've painted a wall was when I was still in high school and even that it was not directly on the wall but on white card paper applied to it.
    I really love this room, I would really enjoy this room for myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on Smart Balance. They must have changed their ingredients since the last time I checked or else I would have been buying it. Just to let you know, I have Earth Balance in my refrigerator right now - both the tub and stick versions - and neither of them have any corn syrup in them. I do not buy food with corn syrup, so you don't need to worry about them anymore.

    The room is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how gorgeous! I love that colour green, and the tree is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...