Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Chili Tofu




I love tofu and it is one of the foods I eat a lot of. It is amazing how many ways tofu can be prepared.
This week I made Sweet & Spicy Chili Tofu.Yes, its a sweet and spicy tofu mix I love very much and I am sure you will too. After baking the tofu, I sliced in smaller pieces an I placed it over sliced seedless cucumber and grape tomatoes which serves well as a great appetizer for guests.

The tofu was delicious and I served mine surrounded with sliced homegrown tomatoes, steamed broccoli & plantains drizzled with olive oil...I was in heavenly.



Here's my recipe for my Sweet & Spicy Chile Tofu.

1 c. flour
1 envelope of chili mix
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tub of extra firm tofu
3/4 c. olive oil
Large 8x10 baking pan sprayed with a non stick spray

Mix the first 4 dry ingredients well in a bowl and set aside. In a deep dish plate pour in the olive oil. Then slice the tofu in half and then slice each half 5 to 6 slices the long way. Dip one tofu slice at a time into the oil then cover it with the spiced flour. Place the tofu onto the pan and when you are done dipping all the tofu pieces bake it uncovered for 35 minutes at 385 degrees. Take out of oven and enjoy. 

 
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

2 comments:

  1. these sound wonderful Millie! I really like the addition of brown sugar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...