Sunday, May 27, 2012

Seitan Steaks with a Latin Flavor and my Newly Upholstered Ottoman


I love Seitan and yes...I do make it often. Lets say I make it almost every 8 or 9 days, but I do prepare it in many ways. This last week when I made Seitan I decided to make the Seitan into steaks  smothered in onions, garlic, diced orange and green peppers, chopped cilantro, some yummy spices with some white flour gravy. I served it with mash potatoes and freshly steamed peas.
(My Seitan recipe is in my recipe file)

After making my Seitan I let it cool down before slicing it into steaks.  Then I placed the steaks into a large skillet and added these ingredients to it.

1 large yellow onion (sliced)
6 cilantro sprigs (chopped)
1/2 orange and 1/2 green peppers (diced finely)
2 T. olive oil
1 envelope of Sazon with color
2 envelopes of Jamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
3 minced fresh garlic cloves
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 c. of vegetable broth


Pour over the steaks your diced peppers, cilantro and sliced onion, then mix together all your dry ingredients in a bowl, then add all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix well and pour all of this mixture over the Seitan steaks. Simmer on medium heat until the sauce thickens a bit, then  serve your Seitan steaks with the gravy and onions over  your mash potatoes or noodles and vegetables.




I was also busy redecorating the living room, so with this new decor I needed to reupholster the ottoman....and here it is.

This was the before



This is the after





The fabric matched beautifully with the new cornice I made last week. Actually its the same fabric turned inside out.



From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to your ...SALUD!

4 comments:

  1. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seitan looks great, and so does the ottoman! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ottoman and cornice look so beautiful! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, you are very kind.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...