Sunday, May 20, 2012

My New Decorating Project

Here is my bare sliding door before photo.

Here is my sliding door after.







I was very busy this week constructing a new cornice for my balcony sliding door. I had made many of these cornices before for many people and since I am going to live in my apartment for many years to come, I decided to dress up the sliding doors and my bedroom window with a cornice.

In Puerto Rico cornices are one of the decorative jewelry pieces inside a beautiful home.
They are constructed in wood and beautifully carved by hand. My cornice is made out of Styrofoam...yes Styrofoam and it looks like I paid a fortune to have it done. If you wish to see how it was made then go to my other blog and check out some better photos and complete tutorial on how to make your own cornice. Just click on the link below.



2 comments:

  1. Hey, I like that! I would love to dress up my sliding glass doors, and your way looks very affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes to have one customly done can run up to $400.00. I made my cornice for less then $50 dollars. The fabric was free from my ex-husband who owns an upholtery shop.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...