Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tofu Parmesan



Yes!!!!...Its my Tofu Parmesan!...YAY!!!!

I was so excited when I came up with this. As most of you know I love tofu and creating it in so many ways is so fascinating to me. I sure miss my veal Parmesan but since meat is out of the question here, I made Tofu Parmesan. Yes, and it is delicious and it tasted like my veal Parmesan. Its easy to make and if you like cheese just add some shredded non dairy mozzarella cheese to the top of the sauce before or after baking. With or without cheese its still delicious. Sorry guys I am highly allergic to yeast and unfortunately for me non dairy cheese also has yeast.



Here's my recipe:

1 package of extra firm tofu
1 envelope of guacamole powder mix
 (yes you read it right...guacamole mix)

1-1/2 cup of wheat flour
1 tablespoon of Adobo
1/2 c. olive oil

Mix well the flour, Adobo and guacamole mix in a medium bowl. Slice your tofu in half and then slice it again the long way in nice slightly thick slices...lay them on a dish and set aside, then rinse off the tofu container and put inside it 1/2 c. olive oil...just like an assembly line dip the tofu slices one at a time in the olive oil, then in the flour and place them on a greased baking pan like the one below.



Sauce Recipe:

In another bowl pour a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce, add 1/4 c. red wine vinegar and 2 T. sugar. Then add some chopped cilantro, 1 tsp. onion powder, garlic powder and dried basil. Add some salt & pepper for taste. Mix well and add it to your pan of tofu. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees uncovered on the middle oven grill.

Serve with pasta, mash potatoes or noodles.

ENJOY!!!!

From  my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!




4 comments:

  1. We almost always have our parmesans (tofu, or eggplant) cheeseless. It lets the flavour of the sauce come through better, I think! These look really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a better alternative to veal! I bet it tastes great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious and reminds me of Eggplant Parmesan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tofu parmesan! Wow, you got my attention. Looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...