Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Great Vegetarian Bake


I have come to the conclusion that the best meals are usually created when they are just quickly thrown together. When this occurs, I become amazed and in awe to see how little effort can be put into a great dish.

I made this dish with a few great veggies and some TVP. I hope you like it.

1-1/2 c. TVP
(Put TVP in a bowl with hot water, cover and set it aside)

1 can of small red or kidney beans 
1 c. broccoli- chopped in small pieces
1 c. cauliflower- chopped in small pieces
1. Leeks- chopped in small pieces
2 c. kale- chopped in small strips
1 celery stick diced finely
1 c. mushrooms- chopped finely
1 yellow onion- diced finely
1 Tbs. Sofrito
(recipe on file)

1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt & black pepper
1 tsp. onion & garlic powder
1 T. dried Basil

In a small bowl mix all the spices, olive oil & sofrito together...set it aside. In a large mixing bowl mix together all the veggies & TVP. Then add the spices from the first bowl. Mix well and taste to see if any salt or pepper is needed. If so just add as you wish.

 Once everything is all mixed, pour contents into a large baking pan, arrange it properly, cover with foil and place in the oven at 385 degrees for 45 minutes. 

ENJOY.



4 comments:

  1. Agreed. Most of my meals are just thrown together. :)

    http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Those quick meals are always the best.

      Delete
  2. All your posts are always so chock full of good veggies. This one looks good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Millie! I'm jealous of people like you who can just throw things together like that. I'm a good cook, but I really need a recipe - not much of an innovator.

    Also, I meant to write back to you because a while back you had asked about my canning tongs with rubber on them. they are GREAT. You should definitely get a pair if you do canning. You can find them at a hardware store, or even on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-600-Jar-Lifter/dp/B000HJBFGC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333689217&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...