Monday, April 9, 2012

Black Bean Spaghetti & Cabbage



This last Christmas one of the gifts I received from my son and his wife was a box full of vegan goodies. In the box was an item I had never heard of..."Gluten Free Black Bean Spaghetti". When I saw this delightful treat I automatically knew I would love it. It has very high protein count and it is made from black beans, a true favorite of mine. Excited to try my new found delight I thought of many ways I could prepare it. The thought of cabbage smothered with these scrumptious spaghetti noodles kept coming into my mind. So with that desire and thought I made my dish and to my surprise it was more tastier than I dreamed of.  


So here is my recipe I hope you enjoy it.

1 bag of gluten free black bean spaghetti
(boiled until tender)

1 head of cabbage
 (finely shredded)

1 large yellow onion
 (finely diced)

4 cloves of garlic
(minced)

1 Tbs. onion powder
1 Tbs. garlic powder
1 tsp. black pepper

1 tsp. salt
 (use more if needed)

1/4 c. non dairy butter
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil

In a large pot boil the spaghetti until tender. In another large pot simmer the onions in the olive oil on low heat. Simmer the onions until they glisten. Then add the shredded cabbage and all the spices, cover with the lid on low heat for 10 minutes stirring regularly. Then add butter and the spaghetti,  check to see if you needs more salt & pepper...add as you wish. Mix well, then cover with lid and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serves 5.




From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

2 comments:

  1. Black bean noodles, how interesting! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful present. And, what a creative way to make noodles - who would have thought to make them with black beans?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...