Sunday, March 11, 2012

Vegan Hash-Browns & Sausage


This week I sure had a desire to eat some vegan sausage, so I made some of my hash browns and sausage. It came out so good that I ate a nice hefty serving of it and I had enough for 3 more meals. I hope you enjoy this simple and delicious potatoes.

3 vegan Italian sausages
(diced)

4 large potatoes
(skinned or skinless less & diced)

1 red pepper
(diced)

1 med. chopped yellow onion

3 T. non dairy butter

1 T. olive oil

3 T. vegetable broth

A good sprinkle of:

garlic powder
onion powder
black pepper
dried parsley
Adobo & salt

Chop and dice all your food items and then in a large skillet melt the butter, add the olive oil, sausage, chopped onion & pepper. Simmer on low for about 2 minutes add the potatoes and then add the spices stirring them lightly. Taste to see if you need to add more spices, then cover and simmer on very low for about 10 minutes, stir lightly and cover for 5 more minutes. That is all.




Serve with some veggies and a nice drink and call it dinner.
 Enjoy.




From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing that the potatoes cook so quickly for you. I have to cook mine for about 25 to 30 minutes until they are tender. It sounds like it would hit the spot, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lady, that's definitely my kind of meal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...