Sunday, March 18, 2012

Easy Garden Pasta Surprise

I have to say that a woman's job is never finished. I have been a busy girl try to finish up all my Spring cleaning at home.  I have been taking lots of unused items and clothes to our local thrift shop and they love when I arrive...the bad thing is that I end up coming home with some nice stuff from their store too. There is a saying I truly believe in  "One man's trash is another man's treasure. "

I still have furniture that needs to be painted & stained, so I will be busy until May or June. In May its planting season.  Other than cleaning, I am writing a lot, working on Genealogy and cooking four times a week.

Here is my recipe for my Garden Pasta Surprise, I hope you enjoy it.



1 box whole wheat corkscrew pasta
(boil & cooked until tender)
1/2 tub of extra firm tofu
(diced in small squares)

1 c. chopped kale
1 c. chopped cabbage
1c. chopped mushrooms
1-1/2 c. cooked lentils
1 chopped yellow onion
2 T. non dairy butter
1 T. Adobo
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 T. Sofrito
(recipe on file)

1/4 c. olive oil

In a large skillet stir fry the chopped onion & sofrito in the olive oil for about 1 minute...then add the veggies, lentils & tofu, stir gently and stir fry for about 2 minutes on low heat. After 2 minutes add the butter, black pepper & adobo, stir gently and let it simmer for 2 more minutes with lid. Then add the pasta, stir well and taste to see if you wish to add some more adobo...if you want you can add some more for more flavoring. Cover with lid and simmer for 2 to 3 more minutes then serve hot. I love this dish and I make it a lot because its easy and very flavorful. I hope you enjoy it too.



3 comments:

  1. This sounds very tasty! Are you able to eat wheat again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BM...I am not allergic to wheat. I am highly allergic to any corn products (corn meal-corn syrup-corn starch & corn itself), I am also allergic to raspberries, all dairy products, beef, all shell fish, and yeast.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...