Sunday, March 25, 2012

Crispy Taco Bean Tofu Served with a Bed of Fresh Vegetables


Yum...A great plate of greens and some crispy taco bean tofu swimming in a bath of olive oil.

Dinner has become a bit simpler at home these days since January. I vowed to drop some pounds this year, but so far only 11 pounds have come off. It will be a slow process but I am sure that by the end of this year I won't be carrying this much fat around me. I hope not.

These are the type of meals I have been creating lately, not much to brag about but quite delicious and less fat.

I have been eating a lot of tofu lately so I thought I'd share another recipe I love to make.  This is my taco bean baked tofu. It is delicious and I hope you like it. I am not sure if I have shared this recipe with you yet, but here it is.

1- large tub of extra firm grilled tofu
 (slice in nice thick slices)

1 c. garbanzo fava flour
1 envelope of taco mix
1 c. dehydrated beans or dry your own after cooking then grind well on a food processor.

1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder

In a bowl mix all these dry ingredients well...set aside.

 Then in a large soup bowl pour in 1/2 c. olive oil...set a side.

Spray a large baking pan with a non stick spray...set it a side.

Now align your bowls like an assembly line...its easier this way.

First put the tofu on the left, then put next to it the olive oil, next to it your flour mix and then your baking pan. Dip one tofu at a time into the oil, then dip it into the flour mix and cover well with the flour and then place each piece of tofu on the baking pan. Once you are all done bake them at 375 degrees (UNCOVERED) for 35 to 40 minutes until crispy. Tofu can be served hot or cold and it is also delicious in submarine sandwiches with lettuce, tomatoes and onions.  ENJOY!




My salad was mainly done with:

tomatoes
avocados
shredded carrots
 diced onions
 can peas
canned English cut green beans
and broccoli all smothered in a light bath of Olive oil & salt.
Mix all ingredients lightly and serve cold.



From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, 11 pounds is a good start! I'm trying to drop some weight this spring too, so here's wishing both of us success in that department.

    The tofu and veggies looks like such a fresh and satisfying dinner. I love the idea of seasoning the tofu that way. Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rose - I think 11 pounds is great! Also, like the idea of a taco tofu. I make tacos with tofu, but I've never had a taco tofu like yours. Sounds delish. Nice big salad too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 11 pounds?! Girl, 11 pounds is amazing! Great job! I am going to try the Daniel fast in a couple of weeks - vegan, but you are allowed olive oil, which many don't. And no refined food. Also some spiritual guidance, too. Guess if I ate that way all the time I wouldn't have gotten myself into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love baked tofu, this sounds and looks perfect!

    And 11 pounds since the start of the year is great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...