Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vegetarian Potatoes



As a Hispanic I truly love rice, but the little American in me loves potatoes.
 In this post I am sharing with you my vegetarian potatoes which are so easy to make and it is a great side dish to any main meal. Actually I often make it as my only meal...I just love the taste so much I eat with nothing else.



So here's
 my recipe...enjoy.

2 large potatoes (cut into french fried strips)

2 medium or large yams (cut into french fried strips)

1-1/2 c. shredded cabbage

1/2 c. Brussels sprouts (cut in half & then cut in strips)

1 green pepper (diced)

8 sprigs of cilantro (chopped well)

1 tsp. Adobo

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. black pepper

3 T. non dairy butter

1/4 c. olive oil


In a large skillet saute' all the veggies with the olive oil, butter & spices on low heat until the are lightly tender. Then add your potatoes, stir fry lightly, cover with lid for 10 minutes on low heat, then lightly stir, cover and let it steam for 5 more minutes. Serve hot or cold. I like it better hot...its yummy.




2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Lots of color. Potatoes are my favs!

    http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...