Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spanish Ham Flavored Beans & Greens


I love greens and when I cook lots of greens I try to change it up a bit every time. Here is my Spanish Beans & Greens...a delicious meal or a great side dish. 

Here is my recipe:

1/2 bag of collard greens 
(Chopped well)

1/2 a head of cabbage
(Shredded well)

3 c. kale
(Chopped well)

3/4 c. TVP

1 can pinto beans
(Drain & rinse well)

1 can black beans
(Drain & rinse well)

1/3 c. vegetable broth
 2 T. water
1 celery stem
(Chopped well)

1 large yellow onion
(Diced)

10 sprigs of cilantro
1/4 c. tomato sauce
1/4 c. olive oil

4 envelopes of Jamon
(Artificial Spanish Ham Flavoring "Jamon"
found next to the Sazon & Goys section)

2 T. of sofrito
(Recipe in my recipe box)

6 mashed fresh garlic
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. parsley flakes

In a large pot or skillet stir fry the oil, sofrito, onions, mashed garlic and beans for about 5 minutes. Then add all the greens, spices, and tomato sauce, saute' well... add the vegetable broth, water and the tvp. Stir well and then cover pot with lid and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Stir well and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes. Serve and enjoy.



From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...