Friday, January 6, 2012

Millie's Hi- Protein TVP & Lentil Stir fry


I made this wonderful hi-protein dish this week and I am  so happy to inform you that..
IT WAS FABULOUS!!!!

This dish will definitely be on my priority list to make on a monthly bases. It was simple and I put it together in 35 minutes. This is what you'll need to make this dish.

2 c. of  TVP (uncooked)
1 can of Progresso Lentil soup
1/4 c. chopped red & green peppers
1/2 c. chopped cabbage
2 tsp. olive oil
1 chopped yellow onion
1/2 envelope of Sazon with Culantro & Achiote
1 envelope of Jamon
1 c. veg. broth
1 T. dried or fresh parsley & garlic powder
1/8 t. black pepper
2 T. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. lemon juice

In a large or med. non stick cooking pot pour in your olive oil, all the spices & all your chopped ingredients. Stir fry on low for about 2 minutes, then add the TVP, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and veg. broth, simmer for 2 minutes, then add the Progresso soup, add some salt...about 1/2 tsp or however salt contents you like and mix well. Keep pot covered and let it simmer on low for 5 minutes, stir again, uncover and once all the juices' have disappeared leaving a nice cooked dish with no water contents then turn off the flame...cover for 5 minutes before serving. Serves 3 or 4.

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours.



5 comments:

  1. Que rico platillo! I don't usually buy TVP, but when I do, I'll be sure to try this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, and simple too! Would be a great thing for lunches at work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound very tasty! We don't get TVP here but I think I could replace with mince soya chunks. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years ago I used to use TVP all the time, and then I think I got burned-out on it. I haven't cooked with it in ages. I think this recipe just might change that. I really want to try this, it sounds great. TVP is good stuff, and affordable too. I ought to rediscover it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...