Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hi Protein Garbanzo Burger


I had been desiring to eat a burger for a very long time, but I didn't want just any burger I wanted a burger with lots of protein. Since I am unable to have a store bought vegan burger because of my allergies, I made my own burger and it is full of protein.

Here is my recipe and I must say it came out pretty good. I made 16 patties and when I want a burger I pull out a couple of them from the freezer. I love them. I hope you like them too.

1 can of garbanzos
(rinse & drain well)

1/2 c. TVP
(simmered until cooked & drained well)

1 small can of mushrooms
(drain well)

1/2 c. garbanzo flour
2 T. Kikkoman's Sweet & Sour Sauce
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt, garlic & onion powder
2 tsp. flax seed
Some vegetable broth


 Make sure all your wet ingredients are drain thoroughly.

 Put the garbanzo grains, TVP and mushrooms in a food processor. Grind them well and then pour them into a mixing bowl.



Add flax seed, all the spices and flour. mix well then slowly add some vegetable broth until the flour becomes good enough to make your patties; then place them on a baking pan already sprayed with a non stick baking spray...just like the photo below.



Bake covered for 10 minutes then uncover and bake until golden brown. Just like the photo below.






Serve like a burger or eat with a fork.



From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

1 comment:

  1. Millie, that looks fabulous! Your burger has so many ingredients in it! I think this is definitely a recipe that would go over great with my family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...