Sunday, November 6, 2011

Millie's Orange/Vegetable Stir Fried Rice


Yesterday I had such a desire to eat my orange vegetable stir fried rice, that at 6 o'clock last nigh I began to chop & cook like a mad woman. Call me crazy but that's what happens when you crave something you love to eat really bad.

It was a wonderful dinner and I groan throughout every bite, YUMMY!


Orange/Vegetable Stir Fried Rice

Ingredients needed:

2 cans of mandarin oranges
1 large red pepper...diced finely
1 large yellow onion...diced finely
1 large celery stem...diced finely
2 carrot stems...chop finely and boil them before adding them to the stir fry
2 large tomatoes ...diced in small pieces
8 mushrooms...diced in small pieces
1 c. french style green beans...chop them well 
1/2 c. sliced sweet banana peppers...diced well
2 T. garlic powder
1 T. onion powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper, dried basil & orange peel
1/8 tsp. cumin
1-1/2 envelopes of Sazon with Culantro & Achiote
1/2 tsp. of ginger powder
1/2 tsp. salt or more if you wish
1/4 c. olive oil


2 c. brown rice cooked as directed on the box


Directions:

Chop all the veggies and spices first.  Put to cook your rice in a pot. While the rice is cooking, in a large pot stir fry the olive oil, the onions, celery, peppers and mushrooms. Let them simmer until the onions are glistening. Then add all the other veggies and stir fry them for about 10 minutes on low. Cover with lid. Then add all the spices except the Sazon , stir fry for another 5 minutes and then add all the cooked rice to the veggies. Once the rice is poured into the veggies add the sazon and mix everything well until all the Sazon has covered all the rice. Cover and cook for 5 minutes and then serve it with your best vegan meat...Enjoy.

It is delicious and it will call you for more servings once you are finished eating. So have a very empty stomach before having this rice. 




4 comments:

  1. Mmm, orange compliments savory dishes so well. This sounds fabulous, I can understand why you'd be chopping like a mad woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful I love the addition of the orange I only wish I could eat oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Millie, thanks for the Liebster Blog Award
    I finally posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Millie,
    that was amazing info that you shared about the extreme couponing! The toothbrush story was incredible! I own, and love, that kind of toothbrush, and it was really expensive. The Ebay idea was great, I'm going to pass that info onto my brother-in-law, he is out of work right now, and they are struggling, and I think this might be something he would enjoy doing. I know I don't have that much time to devote to it, but it really opened my eyes to the possibilities, and I'm going to do as much as I can. Thanks so much for the info, it's really inspiring and amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...