Thursday, November 24, 2011

Baked Spaghetti Squash



Cooking is a favorite pass time of mine and this last week I thought about a few different ways I could prepare a spaghetti squash.  As I peeked through my kitchen pantry I realized I had a few envelopes of sloppy Joe mix I had not used, so I began to chop away a few different types of veggies and I mixed them together with the sloppy Joe mix along with some spices stuffing the spaghetti squash with it. It was delicious! And I must say I ate the entire squash with more veggies and some breaded tofu. It was delightful and I hope this meal may be as pleasing to you as it was to me.


1 large spaghetti squash- cut in half and cleaned of seeds
2 med. size broccoli crowns- chopped in small pieces
1 yellow onion- chopped finely
1/2 of green & 1/2 red pepper- chopped finely
1 c. chopped cabbage
1/2 of celery stem- chopped finely
1/2 envelope of Simply Organic Sloppy Joe mix
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 envelope of Sazon
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. of garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, dried parsley & salt


In a large bowl mix well your veggies then add all the spices to it. Mix well and stuff the squash with this mixture. Place the squash in a deep baking pan (bread loaf pans are great to use), cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes. Serve them with your favorite side dish and enjoy, it is very good.




I served mine with my baked taco tofu (recipe on file) and a nice toss salad.



From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Millie! That looks amazing! It's been a while since I've had baked squash. It's the season again for it now! Will need to have some soon! Yummy! But can I ask, what type of seasoning is sloppy Joe Mix? We don't get this here, so I'll have to use something close...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegan Lovlie...it was listed in the ingredients. Its called Simply Organic Sloppy Joe Mix. Its vegan and it is also great to add to your soups & casseroles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah right! I didn't realise Sloppy Joe Mix is a mix of those veggies. I thought it was some kind of sauce/herbs etc. Silly me... After I googled for it, I saw it's the veggie mix. :) It sounds delicious anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...