Monday, October 31, 2011

The Effects of Extreme Couponing

Since August I have become an extreme couponer. Ever since then my food storage has increased in volume tremendously. I wanted to give you a sneak look at what store coupons has done to my food storage. I have taken some photographs of the things I got for free or for 75% or more off.



The cans of Petite tomatoes and can vegetables were only .20 cents a can with coupons, I bought 30 of each.
The tomato sauces were .10 cents a can and I bought 35 of them. 




The Carolina rice were .39 cents a bag.
The mac & cheese are for my grand-daughters who are not vegan, they were .20 cents each.



The Domino brown sugar were .25 cents a box. I bought 10 of them and this week I am going to buy 10 more for the same price. The mandarin oranges were .20 cents each...I bought 50 of them.


The can beans were .20 cents a piece, I bought 70 cans of assorted types.
The spaghetti sauce was .50 cents a jar. I bought 22 jars.


The flour came out to .98 cents a 5 lb. bag. I bought 10 of them.




10 boxes of Kleenex....50 cents a box.




Spic & Span was .50 cents a bottle...I got 8 of them. Palmolive .50 cents a bottle...I bought 10 of them.
I bought the Glass cleaner for .75 cents an 80% savings. I bought 7 of them.



I bought 24 jars of LA Looks Gel for .20 cents a jar.


Pantene Shampoo & Conditioner, I bought 10 of each for $1.98 a set. Suave shampoo & conditioner, I bought 4 sets for $1.50 a set. Oil of Olay night & day creams that are usually sold for $10.99 a jar...I got them for 1.99 a jar. I bought 8 of them.



Here's a closer look at my 30 oz. jars of LA Looks gel.

I also purchased 6 Tresamme hair sprays and I paid $1.50 for each set 2. 



This was a great buy. I bought 26 boxes of Aquafresh toothpaste for .99 cents a box...this is the large tube of Aquafresh Extreme Clean toothpaste. They are regularly $3.99 a tube. I have tooth paste for a good while and I have 10 more coupons to buy 10 more of them this week.


12-Bounty softener sheets...65 cents box.
4 Arm & Hammer Softener sheets...1.00 for all of them.




11- Snuggle softener...all of them for free.



9- "All detergents"...I got them for free.
1 Wisk...$1.50.



You don't have to pay full price for anything. Gather those store coupons and fill your pantry with everything you need.

I get my coupons through my Sunday newspaper, recycle bins & friends. Be frugal and start today, you will save an enormous amount of money if you do...good luck my friends.


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Millie it will take years to go through all of that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, never paid much attention to couponing because I don't often shop at regular grocery stores. But I see lots of items on you pantry shelf that I use, so I think it is time to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! With that kind of many supplies you can survive for a whole year without going into a grocery. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Millie! Very impressive. You are inspiring me to pay more attention to my shopping.

    I have recently become fascinated with the Extreme Couponing TV show! Living in a city apt (and since it's just me), I don't have much room or need to stockpile...but I do buy what's on sale in bulk. I don't buy personal care products (eg, shampoo, detergent) from the conglomerates on principal (animal testing, questionable ingredients and bad for the environment--most of them), so when a smaller or healthier food co offers a coupon, I grab it!

    Have any tips for peeps like me?

    (Are you on Facebook? If so, please friend me: Dynise Balcavage)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be interested in some tips too. Do you use multiple coupons on a single item to get those sorts of savings?
    P.S. thanks for the info about the hair product, I'm going to order some.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...