Saturday, September 3, 2011

Vegetarian Fried Tofu Fritters



In Puerto Rico we have many fried foods that are delicious. Most of them are filled with pork or beef. But as a vegan I needed to make my fried fritters vegetarian and with a lot of protein.



Mixing a few Spanish ingredients and some flours I can eat, I came up with a very tasty mark off of our island's pork fritters.


Here is my recipe. Let me know if you make them and how did you like them.


Vegetarian Tofu Fritters


1/2 c. wheat flour


1/2 c. garbanzo flour


1 c. Tofu (diced in small squares)


1 med. broccoli crown (chopped finely)


1/2 red pepper (chopped very finely


1/2 med. yellow onion (chopped very finely)


1 small piece of celery ( chopped finely)


6 leaves of fresh spinach (chopped finely)


4 pieces of zucchini (sliced and chopped finely)


1 envelope of Jamon


1/2 envelope Sazon


1 tsp. garlic powder


1/2 tsp. onion powder


1/2 tsp. black pepper


1/2 tsp. salt


Put all ingredients in a bowl and then add enough water to make the entire mixture look like a thick pancake batter.


Pour with a large cooking spoon into a skillet with very hot grease. Fry and turn them over gently until golden and crispy. Place them on a plate covered with paper towels t0 absorb the grease.


Enjoy!



From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!




3 comments:

  1. These look soo good! I'm going to have to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks so delicious, Millie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...