Friday, September 9, 2011

Baked "Taco" Tofu



I have been creating many ways to cook and bake tofu. One of my creations was my Taco Tofu. This simple recipe is so delicious that I can't stop eating it once its all done. I have been baking tofu with this recipe mix several times a week. Am I addicted...possibly.


My Taco Tofu Recipe:

Simply cut your tofu (1 tub) in long rectangles sizes or in triangles size for smaller bites.


In bowl#1 mix:


1 c. garbanzo flour


1 envelope of your favorite taco mix


mix both of them together and set aside.


In bowl #2:


pour in 1/2 c. or more of your favorite olive oil


First...Dip the tofu one at a time into the olive oil then cover it with the flour mixture. Place the floured tofu on a baking pan already sprayed with a non stick spray. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 375.


If you would like it crispier just add an extra 10 minutes to your baking time....just watch carefully you don't dry the tofu out.


It is DELICIOSO!!!!!!


ENJOY!


From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!


2 comments:

  1. Millie, this sounds wonderful. I may give this a try this week! :) Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so simple and delicious, I've got to give it a try. Next shopping trip I'm going to pick up the taco mix (I wish I had some right now)and give it a go.
    I really like the new haeder on your blog, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...