Sunday, August 21, 2011

Honey Basted Eggplant






Loving this time of the year full of fresh clean vegetables. I came across a very nice eggplant in one of my farmer's stands in town and I knew I wanted to bake it as soon as I saw it. I love honey basted eggplant. So here is my recipe for this bland vegetable that is so delicious.




1 large eggplant (peeled & sliced not too thin...medium size)

Adobo

honey


Place the sliced eggplant on a greased baking pan, sprinkle with adobo and then pour over the eggplant a generously amount of honey. Bake at 350 uncovered on the top oven shelf for 30 minutes.



***this dish must be eaten immediately after taking it out of the oven. If not the eggplant will wilt and become mushy.




ENJOY...its delicioso.





From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, it's hard for me to even imagine what this would taste like. Honey and eggplant, I just don't know. I'm tempted to try it because you've never steered me wrong, all of your recipes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an easy recipe, and interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks you guys...let me know how you liked it....Millie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...