Sunday, August 7, 2011

Great Food Sales



Its been 4 weeks since my spine surgery and being caged up like a bird without being able to drive, made me feel like I had grown wings sitting on the recliner and I was ready to fly.

As soon as I was told I could drive and remove my neck brace, I have been expanding my wings as much as I can.

This last Saturday I got to go grocery shopping for the first time in 6 weeks. My pantry, fridge and food storage was drying out of everything and I was creating some odd meals with what I had in my food storage.  

I was blessed to find an enormous amount of great fruits and vegetables on sale. Our Super Kmart, Aldi's, Marc's & Fligner's stores all have reduced bins at the end of their produce sections. Every morning they clean out their produce bins and they refill them with fresh vegetables & fruits. All the produce they remove from the stands are then priced at $1.00 or lower for their quick sale section...that's the section I invade first before going through the rest of the produce area. 

I love it when I get there about 7:30 or 8am in the morning because I get to have first pick of everything. I did stock up my freezer, fridge and fruit baskets with tons of fruits and vegetables that I always find in mint condition. This is what I got this weekend and I spent a total of $58.00 dollars worth in fruit & vegetables among 4 stores. All this will last me 3 weeks...check it out. 




Snow peas, grapes, bananas, apricots, tomatoes, lemons & limes, mangoes, & garlic....$1.00 a bag full of each item.


Mushrooms, 7 tubs of strawberries, and green apples...I paid $1.00 dollar for each bag or package full. 


Apricots, red delicious & green delicious apples, oranges & a couple of grapefruits...$1.00 a bag full of each item.



1 bag full of tomatoes...$1.00.


1 bag full of garlic...$1.00


Strawberries...each tub $1.00...I got 7 of them.




I also got 4 fresh pineapples, 2 avocados, 2 plantain bananas, 2 bunches of broccoli, 1 large cauliflower & 2 sweet onions.

What a great buy...Happy dance..LOL. 

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...